Want to Understand MEAN Stack quickly?
What is MEAN Stack?
MEAN is a user-friendly stack, ideal for creating dynamic websites and applications. This free and open-source stack offers a quick and organized method for web-based applications to create fast prototypes.
MEAN is comprised of four different technologies:
- MongoDB express is a schema less NoSQL database system
- Express JS is a framework used to build web applications in Node
What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is a cross-platform, open source database that is written in C++. It stores data in the key value pair, using the form of binary data such as JSON. It is a NoSQL database which is document oriented. A MongoDB document resembles an OOPS Object
What is Express.JS?
Express is a mature, flexible, and lightweight framework for servers. It's designed to build single, multi-page, and hybrid web apps. This lightweight framework makes use of the Pug Engine to support templates.
Express is Nodejs' de-facto framework, and draws strong inspiration from Sinatra, the popular Ruby framework.
What is Angular JS?
AngularJS enables us to use HTML as the language for templates. So you can expand the HTML syntax to describe the application's components. Angular features such as dependency injection and data binding eliminate a lot of code to write about.
What is Node JS?
Node.js uses an I / O model, which is non-blocking and event oriented. This makes it lightweight and effective, ideal for data-intensive applications running across distributed devices, in real-time.
It enables developers to build real-time, data-intensive apps that run across distributed devices. Node.js runtime can be run on Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux.
MEAN Stack Architecture
The primary function of various components of MEAN Stack Architecture are as follows:
Angular JS: Accept requests and display results to end user
NodeJS: Handle Client and Server Requests
Express JS: Make requests to Database and return a response
MongoDB: Store and retrieve data.
- Firstly, the client makes a request which is processed by the AngularJS
- After that, the request moves to NodeJS which will parse the request.
- ExpressJs will make calls to MongoDB to get or set data.
- MongoDB will retrieve the requested data and return that request to the Express JS
- NodeJS will return the request to the client.
- At the client side, AngularJS to display the result fetched from MongoDB.
Skillsets of MEAN Stack developer
- MEAN stack developers will focus on the processes at the front end and back end
- MEAN Stack developer should be able to function with HTML & CSS
- He / she will understand the programming models and the guidelines for architectural design
- Web technology know-how, ongoing integration and cloud technologies
- Good DB Architecture Comprehension
- Knowledge of SDLC and development experience in an Agile environment
- Work with the IT team to build strong systems to support business targets
- Sure, on Mongo, Express, Angular, Node, hands-on experience.
What is the Future of MEAN stack Developer?
Being, a MEAN Stack Creator is highly attractive, vocation demanding. So if you're ready to work on the diverse skill set and have the experience of working with different code languages and applications then you're going to become a successful MEAN stack developer.
Application Architecture (Technical Architect) is an area where you can progress easily in the future, after gaining experience as a mean stack developer.
Advantages of MEAN Stack
Here, are some most prominent reasons for using MEAN Stack technology
- Allows creating a simple open-source solution that can be used to build robust and maintainable solutions.
- Helps in rapid development of applications
- Use a uniform language throughout your stack
- Uses very low memory footprint/overhead
- Helps you to avoid unnecessary groundwork and keeps your application organized
- MongoDB is built for the cloud
- Node.js simplifies the server layer
- MEAN makes code isomorphic
Disadvantages of MEAN Stack
- MongoDB may be an ideal choice for small to the mid-sized application. However, it is not the best option for large-scale applications
- There are no specific general JS coding guidelines
- Once you have developed the first site using Mean stack technology, it's really hard to go back to the old approach
- It offers poor isolation of server from business logic
- You could potentially lose records
- MongoDB is a cross-platform, open-source database, written in C++
- Express is a mature, scalable, and lightweight platform for servers. It designs single, multi-page, and hybrid web applications
- Mean stack (full stack developer) should be operating at the front and back end
- MEAN is a user-friendly stack which is the ideal solution for building dynamic websites and applications.
- The biggest disadvantage of using Mean stack framework is that there are no specific general JS coding guidelines